Self centered.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 @ 1:56 AM
I begin to think a lot about this word ever since J brought up the word one day, venue is probably the airport again I guess. Airport session is always fruitful for many reasons. What a nice place we've discovered, seriously!
It's only human nature to be putting yourself in front of others. It's only normal to love yourself more than others. Take pictures for instance, who will look at others before checking yourself out!?
I realised "I" can be sucha scary word. Self centeredness all boils down to "I".
"I" feel like eating.., "I" wanna go somewhere..., "I" think we should..., you know "I" been through blablabla.. Why you can, why cant "I"...., you know "I" don't like...., "I" want...., etc.
Do you realise during all these while of you saying "I", everyone else have to give you their time and accommodate your likes and dislikes, or listen to your whatever encounters, even when they don't feel like it? In gatherings, it's not hard to spot everyone snatching every chance to voice out something about themselves, traits of self centeredness.
What about others' likes and dislikes, do we give a damn, a thought about it?
balance is the play. love is the word to bring around actions. care is afterall what we ask for and in need of.
It's really up to individual whether self centeredness is healthy. At least not to me. I can't imagine what will happen to this World if everyone is so self centered, wants everything for themselves, only go with the things they like. There will be probably war for religious differences, non-acceptance, and everyone building and staying in their bubble waiting for someone to knock at their doors, or not.
I may not been a gd example, but I keep reminding myself to love others more while I can afford to. Love them for who they are, for what they're worth.
Do it from your heart and all you need is just a little effort.
Let's all make this World a better place and alil less scarier by giving alil more.